Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Look Back...

It's that time of year where I want to make something with an Americana feel. I am so blessed to live in the greatest nation on Earth, and I pray for our country to move back toward our roots and the values this great nation was built upon. With July 4th on its way, I'm seeing a new doll on the horizon. I'm not sure exactly what it is, though.
Last year I created a doll for a Challenge that had the theme, "Americana." He turned out to be one of my favorite dolls. I by-passed the norms, and created one of my favorite Americans...


This is my Mark Twain. He's in a private collection now. Is it odd that I miss my dolls?? I wish I had taken another picture before shipping him. The buyer requested that I tea-stain his suit, and he looked much better after staining! Hmmm... who shall it be this year?

2 comments:

  1. Still time, email me a few photos and I will take a look!
    ambitionsdesign@yahoo.com. I have been getting lots of submissions so it should work fine. If not leave me another comment. Thanx, Dani~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Your Mark Twain is AWESOME!!!! I don't blame ya one bit for missin' him!
    Amen to prayin' our country gets back to its roots. That's the way it should be. It saddens me to see what has happened to this great land of ours.
    ~Peanut

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!