Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Grandkids and Fun- Passin' It On!!!

I haven't had a chance to post in several days. They've just been too jam-packed with fun and grandkids! Our two grandkids that live about five hours away are spending the week with us. They've been playing in the dirt, catching bugs, riding and feeding longhorns, and crafting; and Papaw and Mamaw are trying to keep up! Our granddaughter has asked for me to sculpt her a Disco Santa... yes, Disco... and this ol' Mamaw isn't quite sure just what he's supposed to look like! Never fear, though, because she and I are working together on him. As we type this very moment, Santa's head is in the oven! I don't count the hours that I put into a Santa, but I'm guessing it's well over 100, which makes it tedious work for an 8 yr. old(excuse me, 9 in just nine days...I stand corrected). However, she's working hard on him!!!



Whitney and Santa -who's almost ready for a neck and ears.


Sculpting Ears takes Patience!





















Huh, what'd you say?



















Tyler's gotten into the action, too. Papaw built him a sailboat that he has painted. We've just got to seal it and sail it!!





We'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. hee-hee! Can't wait to see him complete! Your grandbabies are adorable!!! :> )
    ~Peanut

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great experience for your grand girl! So cool.

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ya'll, but I think Mamaw gets the greatest reward!

    I love 'em!!- Wanna duct tape 'em to the chair now and then...but I love 'em!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!