Sunday, November 16, 2008

DDDemmmOOOOO!!

Tear down that wall!...and that's just what he did! Gayland told me Friday that he was ready to knock down the kitchen wall and move it over, so he needed me to clean out all the cabinets. Whose stuff was in there??? I KNOW it couldn't all be mine...what I thought was going to be an hour project, turned into about four hours. Here was my kitchen about 4:00 yesterday afternoon:

Yep, that's my trashcan closet laying there in the floor...but by 10:00 last night... Wooohooooo! Can you see where the old tile stopped? That's how much new space I have. I love it!!! Now I have a lot of tiling to do, but that's ok! Oh, can you see the doorway next to the stove? That's the entry to my new pantry!!! I may not be in Heaven, but it's just durn near close!

7 comments:

  1. Wow what elbow room you now have!! No more klunkin' into each other huh!!!! Looks like a lot of work.....it's going to be gorgeous!!!! Your new pantry is a dream!!! Congrats.....and well done hubby!!!

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Sherry! Your kitchen is HUGE now...how exciting for you. What a great project...I can't wait to see the AFTER pics when you are all finished. :-) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ya'll! Now the grandkids and I have plenty of room to make a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, during the transition you sit there scratching your head, wondering what in the world came over you... but aaah, those end results are like a dream ♥
    I think you are even handling the transition period with such vim and vigor - pass me a pair of those rose colored glasses, sister :)
    x0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once this kitchen is done you won't even remember these before pictures!!! Can't wait to see it finished!!
    blessings,Flora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo-hoo!!! This is awesome!!! Heck, its a lot of work but sooooo worth it!! Now get to tilin'!! :> )
    ~Peanut

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!