Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Latest Around Here

Nothing like a bath in the waterhose in 30 something degree weather! That's what Dixie Dog and I were doing at bedtime last night. It was the latest in our skunk drama around here. It's been a bad year for skunks. We've killed three in the last month...one being in the house... and Dixie stepped out onto the porch last night to go potty - instead she got skunked. He must have been right by the bedroom doors that lead out onto the porch because she goes the other way if there is the slightest smell of skunk! She proceded to rush back in to tell me what happened by pushing open the door before I got it latched. The smell filled our bedroom, and I knew she had to be stopped before she ran around rubbing her nose on everything... yes, we've done that before, too. I grabbed her and ran out the door- giving BOTH of us a nice aroma. We had to have a Pinesol bath in the waterhose before either of us could come back inside. Woosh! What a night. She and I smell ok today, but the bedroom still has a slight odor.

It's time for the February Humble Arts! I'm excited to see what everyone has created after our January break. Here's a sneak peek at what Sherry's Cabin will be offering this month.

Meet Sweet Clara.



Gayland's been at work on a new project as well, and I love it! Those of you that have been around awhile or love John Wayne will recognize it right away. Those of you who don't, what can I say... you've missed out! Here's his new weathervane for the addition.


If this guy doesn't look familiar, check out the John Wayne movie, McLintock. You'll love it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no Sherry!!!! How horrible!!!! That is my biggest fear with my three canine daughters. I wish I had read this sooner. I recently watched a program about a guy who studies skunks. He gave his de-skunkin' recipe. It hydrogen peroxide, bakin' soda and a lil' liquid soap.
    I love your HARTS dollie and that weathervane too!!
    ~Peanut

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, our vet told us to use dawn dishwashing liguid because the spray is an oil and needs something to take the oil off. We have had our share of skunk problems too. Our lab Rawhide is a skunk killer deluxe but sometimes he gets sprayed before he gets them killed. Love the weathervane too. I wish we could bottle the energy that Gayland has. We would make a fortune........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut is right, peroxide, bakin' soda& dawn works.My dog got skunked and I tried everything, even Massingale, poor dog.;)
    Love your work.~~Pam

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!