Monday, January 19, 2009

Time to Knock Off the Dust

My creative side had been dry as a bone. I've been busy a lot lately. Not productive- just busy. I'm shaking it off! It's time for some house-cleaning and some reprioritizing. I'm working on my HARTS project today. It's the first time I've been able to dedicate some time to creating in WAY too long. Oh, there's still plenty to do, but it will be there tomorrow. I've had the Martha syndrome lately, so I'm going to be taking some Mary days for myself. We had a blast at the Fort Worth Stock Show this past weekend. I spent my birthday traveling with the longhorns, and we got to relax!! It was so nice. For those of you who haven't seen or heard about the parade in Ft. Worth, it's the largest non-motorized parade in the U.S.

We were number 165 in the line-up, and we were no where near the end. Here's the view from the bridge they line us up on. We stand and wait for about an hour and a half here with over 1500 other animals. These ladies in front of us probably wished we were riding horses instead of pointing horns at their backsides!


I'm pretty sure Gayland fell asleep over there... Hey, wake up!!

Here we are after the parade. Thousands of people lined the streets for it!What a great birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Love those gentle giants. I'm sure glad that I'm not on the wrong side of those horns!
    God is better than good. Blessings to you
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have ridden in that parade a couple of times and it IS awesome. The first time James rode in it was when we got Cheyenne back from Janice Heinze. She called and said he was ready for the parade and did James want to ride him. He did and said he was scared to death because he had never ridden a longhorn before and was afraid he would have a child on the end of the horns before the parade ended. But, Cheyenne did great and that was the start of our love of riding steers. Thanks for sharing those pictures and bringing back some fun memories.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!