Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Good Morning World!

It's a beautiful day on my second day of summer vacation! I spent yesterday trying to catch up on laundry, organizing, throwing stuff out, etc. We've got the walls painted at the church, and we're taking a break before we redo the fellowship area. That means I've got some "home" time, and I love it!!!!! Gayland has gone back to work on our house since we've got most of the building done a the church, too, and he's planning on knocking the wall out to the new addition some time this week. I'm so excited I can't stand myself!!!

So, what's going on? Well, have you checked out the June Humble Arts? There are some fabulous dolls and hand-stitched works this month. You really ought to take a peek. I'm offering Miss Red, my Izannah Walker inspired storybook character.



If you were a feather finder and signed up for our Wing Ding Prize drawing, be sure to stop by the HARTS site and check to see if you've won a prize!

I am in the mood for making Santas!!! Watch out, Gayland.... there will soon be Santa body parts all over the house! I bet he'll be so glad to get my new craft room done just so he can see the TV without having to look around a bald head!

Before I can get started on a new Santa, though, I've got some caricatures to finish. School's out, and I've sent my little punkins on to junior high, but I've still got a few things to drop in the mail for them. If the Lord is willing, I'm going to work on a book this summer - a graphic novel, of sorts (a BIG comic book), that covers all of the science concepts that my kiddos struggle with on the state testing (bluwckkkkk...). I needed some guest appearances in the comic, and some of my little punkins(I know, the hate it when I call them that...hehe) will be the guinea pigs... I mean guest appearances. I'm sending the originals to the kids along with a CD of all of our antics throughout the year, but I'm keeping a copy to use later on. Here are a few in the making...






















God has blessed me so much in the career he has given me. With all the bumps in the road(called paperwork and bureaucracy), it pays off more than I can put into words. These are the faces of our tomorrows.


Matthew 18:2-5 "Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.' "

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! Your drawings are great Sherry!!
    I've said it before and I'll say it again... Those hands of yours are truly blessed!!!! :> )
    ~Peanut

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, Peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry, I'm in the mood for making Santa dolls too! Right in the midst of my Halloween art. Sometimes you just gotta go with the instinct. Love your dolls and your blog. Hope your day is full of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice !
    Just wanted to let you know I received my box today Thanks Peeps is cute !I placed a link for humble arts on my page so others can see what you ladies are up to God Bless and have a great day !!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!