Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Message to America


Yes, America, I am on my soapbox this morning. I just want to run from house to house shaking people and slapping some sense into them. Are you seeing what's happening to our nation, or are you too busy with the day to day to see your freedoms going down the drain?

To quote one of our greatest presidents...





'If we
ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under' .. Ronald Reagan





Our forefathers had no intentions of leaving God out of our lives.

“ The general principles upon which the Fathers achieved independence were the general principals of Christianity… I will avow that I believed and now believe that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God.” • “[July 4th] ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty.”
–John Adams in a letter written to Abigail on the day the Declaration was approved by Congress

Patrick Henry:
"Orator of the Revolution."
This is all the inheritance I can give my dear family. The religion of Christ can give them one which will make them rich indeed.”
—The Last Will and Testament of Patrick Henry

It cannot be emphasized too clearly and too often that this nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here. [May 1765 Speech to the House of Burgesses]

The Bible is worth all other books which have ever been printed.”


...and there are many, many more words of our founding fathers that clearly show this nation was founded as "ONE NATION, UNDER GOD."
Psalm 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord;
I am tired of a handful of people today who try to take God out of everything we do. I am guilty of letting it slide, too, but we've got to stand up and be heard.


Take these words to heart, America:

Psalm62:5-7
My soul, wait silently for God alone,

For my expectation is from Him.

He only is my rock and my salvation;

He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;

The rock of my strength,

And
my refuge, is in God.

2 comments:

  1. Sherry, AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!!!!! I wanted to get a banner that reached across my huge porch front that said "ONE NATION UNDER GOD" with all my flags waving and the sign of Obama saying "Communist" on it. My late father warned me that this country was heading this way. He knew because of his constant study. Why is everyone in this country pretending what Obama says and represents doesn't matter. God help us all! Blessings, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to borrow your soap box!
    Sherry darlin', I couldn't agree with you more! Our country is bein' takin' away from us slowly and methodically. :> (
    ~Peanut

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!