Friday, May 28, 2010

The End of Another Year - Some Laughter...Some Tears

Today I laughed with good ol' belly laughs...and cried a few tears. Another school year has come to an end. Those of you that follow my blog know how truly blessed I am to have the greatest job on Earth. This year has been such fun, I hated to see it end. I had to turn loose of my nest of chickadees today and let them fly. It makes me so happy to see them growing up and planning new dreams, and it makes me sad to see them go.

I also had to say farewell to an awesome friend and the best teacher anyone could ask for. Like my kiddos, she's moving on to greater things, and she will be missed.

A few weeks ago, I was recognized for an amazing honor. I can't tell you how much it meant to me. This honor was given by administrators and peers that I could never thank enough.


As honored and grateful as I am for the acknowledgement, it still can't compete with the words of my students. They are good for my soul. They are the reason I teach. The crystal on the mantle will have to move over for these parting gifts.



These are most precious to me!


And, have you ever seen anything any cuter????



So, Ol' Mother Hen says good-by to another brood and awaits the filling of her nest again.

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of anyone more deservin' than you Sherry!! I can only imagine how many lives you have changed for the good.
    You are special my dear and I am blessed to have you in my life. :> )
    ~Peanut
    P.S.
    I am really diggin' that cow!!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!