Monday, May 17, 2010

God's Beauty from Behind the Ears

You folks know I'm always on the look out for God's treasures, and Gus and I were blessed to find a heap of 'em yesterday! We hit the trail... Gayland and Cocoa went along for the ride, although I'm not sure the found all of the hidden treasures Gus and I spied. The world just seems more amazing when viewed from behind the ears!


"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

Wow, what a gift! In all the hectic mania that goes on in our worlds, in all the sadness you see in the news, in the utter stupidity of our government, we can still stand on His promises.


Here I find peace. This ranch has been in my family for over 100 years. It's impossible to ride along in this openness and not feel God. Everybody in West Texas knows that everything around here bites, sticks, or stings.... and some do more than one! But even in West Texas, God's treasures popped up everywhere along our ride...


There's amazing beauty amongst the thorns if we take the time to notice.


Gus had a nice chat with the cows and their younguns. Snitty girls were laughing at his ears, I think...



Even the scourge of Texas, the mesquite tree, who drinks up 30 gallons of water a day, seemed to come alive on our trip... do you see the two dancing?



I thank the Lord for letting me see the world from behind the ears... it's such a peaceful view.
I need not get on my soapbox today for those that doubt our Creator... I won't even give you a science lesson on the amazing diversity and incredible survival tools with which God has equipped these treasures. I need not... because they speak for themselves.


And thanks to my buddy for the ride!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post darlin'!! I agree. Not sure how anyone can doubt our Creator when we see the beauty of nature. It truly brings tears to my eyes. :> )
    Blessins' to you dear friend. I miss you too. ♥ Don't be a stranger.
    Love, Peanut

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an encouraging and moving post... I especially love the Scripture reference - we so often try to take on the woes of the world when all we have to do is turn it over to Him!
    I need to stop by every day for a pearl or two ♥

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!