Thursday, July 14, 2011

Zazzle???

What's a Zazzle?  Anything like a BeaDazzle?  Ok, so I was curious to find out just what a Zazzle was.  I've seen it on several friends' blogs on The Hive, so I thought I would investigate for those of us who aren't savy on the newest internet lingo.  Come to find out, it's a giagantic store of sorts.  I now understand why artists from The Hive have been buzzing about it!  It's a design center where you can create cards, shirts, and all kinds of personalized gifts that feature YOUR art - now that's pretty cool! 

So, what is the cost to set it up?  Nothing!  You simply create your store, design your items, and TADA - you have customized items for sale.  What is the catch, you ask?  Well, you only make a tiny royalty percentage, but, hey, if they do all the work and all I have to do is provide the art, a few pennies here and there would be nice!  Besides that, you can Christmas shop in your own store!  Won't your family love that??  Now, not only do they have to get homemade stuff from you, they now also chance getting a t-shirt with the picture of the homemade stuff!


Design a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Yes, I set up a store. Take a peek at the "Me, Ima Jean" selection.  For those who may not know our little Ima Jean (aka the Devil Child), she's a rescue mule who's on her way to being a ministry for God.  God has always provided for us to take care of our animals and has allowed us to use them for His glory, so her products are not intended to make her rich.  If she sells several hundred cards, she might be able to buy a sack of oats or two.  Her products have been created to stretch her ministry beyond the confines of West Texas and to bring a smile to someone's face.


I'll be adding a few of my folkart paintings of Santa.  I'm sure they won't make me rich and famous, either, but, who knows, it might just buy another paintbrush or box of clay to support my art habit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!