Sunday, July 8, 2012

God is So Good- Even in the Valleys

As I sit in my craftroom waiting while my latest sculpt is in the oven, I stopped to post a final photo of the Santa I was finishing.  I will get to that, but I had a few things on my heart to share first.  I lost a very dear friend this past week, Lara Garza.  She had battled a long, long illness and had never really been "healthy" since cancer treatments three years ago.  We had done a lot of praying together, and the last time we prayed, she had prayed for her family, to return home from the hospital and be with them again, and for healing.  God knew her body was failing on this Earth, but he let her return home for a month, see family, spend time with them, and love them.   I know there will be those who say she didn't get her healing, but she did - not on our terms, of course, but on God's.  He had put a peace in her heart and a joy that she said she'd not felt before.  She knew Christ as her Savior, and now she is whole - healed and in His presence.  My heart goes out to the family and friends who have lost so much.  I also rejoice in knowing my friend will be waiting for me to join her some day.



I think I'll wait on posting my art, and let these thoughts stand alone.

2 comments:

  1. Sherry, I'm so sorry to read about the passing of your friend. ♥

    I couldn't agree with you more. It's on the good Lord's terms, not ours. I am grateful He gave my daddy a little time to be in his own home with us around him. We were there when he passed. I am grateful I was able to say goodbye before going home to Him. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!