Sunday, May 5, 2013

Thirty Day Challenge - West Texas Style!

For those of you who have followed my blog for any length of time, you know it's sporatic, it's dabbled with art, and drizzled with God's Word, His blessings, and the amazement He continually provides for me.  I've been thinking about what its purpose truly is, and I have decided it's just that...dabbles of art and praises for the King of Kings.  As I flipped through the latest issue of Artful Blogging, I wondered if it should say more...be more...do more....and I came to this conclusion....No.  So, then I thought about renovating...spring cleaning, let's say...Yes!  I think it's time to do some cleaning and decluttering, give myself a little challenge, and challenge you to join me!

It happens that I have not been able to create much art at the moment, and that's ok.  There are other things that need tending, but I can still sing praises.  Well, then, why not share God's art?  I flip through and see blogs with colorful foods, nicely stacked tea cup photos, staged decor....no cactus, no snakes like the one I chased with my iphone camera this afternoon with mustang in tow.  I don't have to stack tea cups to snap photos that I think are beautiful.  God's already done the work.  All I have to do is pull out the ol' iPhone and click.

So, as I do some spring cleaning around here while I await the end of school that brings time for dabbling in art, I'm taking on a Thirty Day Challenge-West Texas Style for myself.  Just me and the phone...and whatever poor animal I'm dragging along on the way...in search of God's artwork.  One a day - thirty days.  West Texas through my lens.  I hope you'll join me for the trip.  What should you do, you ask?  Drop in and share your thoughts, use the photos for whatever you'd like, pick your favorite, join me in the challenge, and, most of all, stay amazed at His Glory!

Day 1 -


Ok, did I say one photo a day?  Alright, I'm already breaking the rules and it's Day 1, but we've been blessed with rain this week, and everything is green around here - really green, and I couldn't pass up the contrast of this one - both colors caused by rain...


"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
 
Psalm 91:1-2

3 comments:

  1. Really like the pics. I cannot wait to see what you find each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okie dokie it's day 2 and I am waiting to see what caught your fancy today....ps I love love the music!!! Awesome choice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ms. Allen! I hope you will enjoy them!

    Tiffany, I posted day two before you dropped in this evening. You might need to click on the header and return to the main blog page to see tonight's post. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!