Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Labor Day!

Good Morning Folks!
Happy Labor Day to everyone!  I thought I would share a little peek into the Cabin this morning, since I have the day off.  I've already been out chasing bugs.  This little fella was peering in at me as I sat on the couch drinking coffee and reading my Bible.

 
One of these days I'm going to figure out how to take really good macro photos....don't hold your breath, though...it might be awhile.
School has started, and we made it through the first week -wooo!  God has blessed my classroom, so I know it will be a fantastic year.  As I mentioned in my last post, I have also started riding Cimarron and Jake....aaaand, I ate a little dirt twice this past week.  That ground certainly has gotten harder since last I remember. 
 
So, what is going on with my art?  I am working on my first BJD-ball-jointed doll, and I am fairly certain I have figured out why I don't make them.  So far, I've only sculpted the head, and I am really not very happy with it.  I like wrinkles!  I love the folds and textures of my Santa faces and the old hags I've made.  I don't do smooth very well. 
 
 
 
I am going to try to get the torso sculpted today, so keep your fingers crossed!  I am always looking to improve my art and to try new techniques.  At least I can check this one off the bucket list! 
 
 
Enjoy the day and soak up God's sunshine!  He was up early sprinkling blessings out like candy sprinkles this morning, so be sure to take time to look around for them today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!