Friday, December 27, 2013

Trash to Treasure - Find of the Day!

As our year comes to an end, I'm enjoying my last days of 2013 in the craft room.  I wanted to share my find of the day...well, actually, it was a find several months ago, but I'm just now dragging it out to work on it.  I was given an old box spring mattress by a friend of mine.  Although Gayland thought I was crazy for dragging it home, he let me stash it in Area 52 - our little secret dump...erh...cove of treasures.


I had used a pair of pliers to rip one spring off of the mattress to make a candle holder.  That was a chore!  I couldn't imagine trying to pry seemingly endless springs from that contraption.  Thankfully my wonderful husband suggested the plasma torch - one of my favorites!  And the fun began...


Now...what to do with my treasures - LOTS of treasures.  In fact, a tangled pile of treasures.  Here are a few of the rescued goodies.


Any suggestions?

23 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men,24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.


Colossians 3:23-24

1 comment:

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!