Sunday, January 12, 2014

Weekend Challenge - Trash to Treasure...Reclaim It!

I hope you have enjoyed the weekend, and you will soon be on your way to worship the Lord this morning.  I hope you are creating every day!

The Challenge:


  • Find a piece of "trash" that really should have been thrown away, but you have hung on to it for some odd reason.
  • You are now on a rescue mission!
  • Decide how you will save this piece...will it become a doll piece, a candle holder, a component for mixed media, a wall hanging, a door stop, a canvas, a...?
  • If you don't have anything calling to you, head out to the Thrift Store.  
  • Get to it!  Turn that find into a reclaimed piece of art!
So what did I choose?  A find from CIA Thrift Store!  Normally I would wait for the 50% off sale, but I paid the full $3.99 for my treasure.  It's an old spice rack that is coming apart on one side and the top.


Mine is going to be more of a functional treasure than an artistic one, but, hey, we're making up the rules as we go!  

Be sure to leave us a comment sharing your rescue mission.  Now get to creating!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!