Thursday, June 25, 2015

Brain Ridiculousness and Such - SOC Challenge 3

Do you ever get something ridiculous stuck in your head that just has to come out?  No....  hmmmm....  I was quite sure it happened to everyone....

Well, for future reference, if it ever happens to you, you will now know that you must -yes, must- let him... I mean... it out.

Let me back up a little.
Week 3 of the Summer of Color Challenge, over at Twinkle, Twinkle, required I use two purples and a yellow for a piece of art.  Neither is a favorite color of mine, nor did any breath-taking artistic ideas pop into my head...  Only little Zirg, here...



Don't ask because I don't know.  Really... I did try to come up with something else.  
I even looked through old photos of some of my art to try to spark an idea.  Apparently, although I don't love either color, I seem to put them together a lot!  If you don't believe me, check back through some older posts.  :)
  So, anyway, there was no epiphany.  No masterpiece in my little brain.  Just this - 



Maybe I ate something too spicy or stared at the sun too long, but I'm telling you that you just might as well let the ridiculousness out of your brain from the onset, or he, uhh.. it... will just run round and round your skull driving you further off the sane map than you already are.


I guess I'll be refilling my paint bin with the shades of purple and yellow acrylics I bought.  It seems Zirg found his way out of my brain and into my glass.  Good riddance.  He'll have to find his own way out of there.  Maybe it will give me time to get some art done!

Won't you join us for the Summer of Color Challenge?  It's not too late!  Head on over to Kristin's blog and check out the rules!


26 comments:

  1. Heh-heh, I love the quirkiness of this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rolina! Sometimes I just have to go with the silly!
      God bless,
      Sherry

      Delete
  2. I like your little Zirg, Its a fun little character. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! Maybe he can keep me company while I create next week's challenge!
      God bless,
      Sherry

      Delete
  3. I absolutely LOVE Zirg! He is adorable. I am glad that he found his way out of your brain. I love the SOC challenge so much, and visiting everyone's blogs is my favorite part. Yours really brought a smile to my face this morning. Thanks, Sherry! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon! I am glad he made someone smile! I am having such a great time, too. I am so glad I stumbled onto SOC on someone's blog. It is amazing how many different pieces of art come from each week's color scheme.
      Hugs and God bless,
      Sherry

      Delete
  4. Thanks, this adorable creation really gave me a much needed laugh today! Just fan*tas*tic! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie! He's made me laugh a couple of times, too. I guess he's done his job!
      God bless,
      Sherry

      Delete
  5. No! How cool!!!! Ulrike laughing

    ReplyDelete
  6. heee heee!!! Sometimes!!! This is just adorable!! LOL - love that he is bathing in your glass.... and loved reading your post - so very very creative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mandysea. He keeps staring at me, though!
      God bless,
      Sherry

      Delete
  7. Fantastic!!! I love Zirg!!! He's better out then in your mind :)

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Maarit, he was causing quite a distraction in there! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
      God bless,
      Sherry

      Delete
  8. this is hysterical-love it!!! These are not my colors either and I had to dig deep to get them to work for me this week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. He's quite disturbing here on the desk, though.... he never blinks....hmmmm...
      God bless and thank you for stopping by,
      Sherry

      Delete
  9. His funny face made me laugh :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie! He has done his job!
      God bless,
      Sherry

      Delete
  10. I like where zirg has landed. I was tempted to join him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Indira! I had to do something with the glasses's contents to keep him from drowning....and I certainly didn't want to waste it!
      God bless and thank you for stopping by,
      Sherry

      Delete
  11. Seriously, the coolest ever! I love that little wine connoisseur! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the funniest thing I've seen this week. Clever and adorable. AND, I'm still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zirg is very neat looking :D reminded me of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everyone should have a mascot! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!