Sunday, June 7, 2015

Summer Art

Summer is here, and I'm enjoying it!  More than the time off, though, I have come to some amazing revelations in the past couple of days.  Do you know how you hear something over and over and over until one day your little light bulb goes ~ZIT~ and you get it?  Surely that doesn't just happen to me, right?
Anyway, I've been struggling with where my creativity fits in with God's plans for me.  I love to create whether it's sculpting, painting, writing, or devising the next science lesson for my students, but how does any of that play out in the eternal picture?  I am often concerned that I am wasting time by feeding that Creative Monster that lives inside of me.  I am, however, created in God's image, and He's the one who made me this way.  
Being the bag lady that I am, I decided to paint a new book bag for myself.  A selfie - a skinny selfie, that is!  I knew I wanted scripture, but I didn't know which one.  I started Googling thoughts that were on my heart, and Ephesians 2:10 popped up!  



I can't really even put into words what I finally got, but I got it.  I am who I am for a reason.  Here are some things that I realized:
God has a plan.  I am His workmanship.  There is a reason I make art even if I'm not quite sure why, yet... YET.  Although I like for people to enjoy my art, I don't need them to enjoy it for me to be happy because my plan was already prepared for me.
That being said, sometimes I have wondered if I talk too much about God - that I'm that freaky Jesus nut that everybody wants to avoid.  That was answered, today, too.  We had a guest speaker at church today.  God spoke to my heart through him when he quoted Ephesians 2:10- my scripture, and then he said that God's Word would not come back void.  I will keep sharing His Word.  He has good works prepared for me, and I pray that I walk in them.
I guess folks that think I'm too freaky can just hop on to another blog!

So, here's my little bag along with its message to me and to you -



What path are you walking?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!