Saturday, July 11, 2015

Today is the Day for a Mad Tea Party!!

For those of you who have stumbled upon our madness without the slightest idea of where you find yourself, let us, the Dreamers of Wonderland, welcome you to the 8th Annual Mad Tea Party!  In honor of 150 years of Alice in Wonderland, we tip our hats to Lewis Carroll for creating a magical land that has withstood the test of time.  Won't you join in on our absolutely absurd Party?  What, you ask?  Why would you want to attend a virtual tea party?  To sip virtual tea, of course... to take time to enjoy beautiful photos and art, and to stop and smell the roses, virtual, though, they may be!

And to the rest of you, the Mad Hatters, who have intentionally come to the garden for tea....


The time has come...

Watercolor by Me for the Occasion

Yes, today is the day!
Won't you take a cup and have a stay?

Watercolor by my Camera!


It is a blog-hoppin' Mad Tea Party full of cheer,
And I thank you much for stopping here.




Pull up a chair and have some sweets
Wizzers, cupcakes, and Humbug treats!


What tea will you choose for your cup?
Sip, sip, sip, and drink it up!


Oh my, the humbugs have gone astray.
Swallow them quick 'fore they get away!


I see you, Bunny, waiting there.
Don't touch the sprinkles...don't you dare...


What's that?  Move, you say???
But I'm enjoying myself and want to stay.


Oh no, that Hatter
He's getting mad, mad, madder!

Sniffing sunflowers has got him silly
Sipping cup after cup all willy-nilly!


Peek through the bushes and you will see
He keeps moving us from tea to tea.


Says the Hatter to me and  to you,

"Get up, get up you mad, mad two.
It's always tea time.  No time to wash a cup.
So move we must... up, up, up."


He demanded I make a note for you,
So you could make peppermint humbugs, too.


They are delightful and, oh, so sweet.
But catching one is quite a feat!


So, pour yourself another cup,


And certainly be sure to sugar it up.

Thanks to Vanessa at A Fanciful Twist for the Sugar Cube Recipe!!!!

Here's your recipe before you go.
Sprinkled with magic all a-glow.

India Ink and Marker by me

I hope you'll come back a time or two,
as I share more madness with all of you!



May God bless you Mad Tea Party-Blog-Hoppin'-Super-Kind of Day!
Hugs and Humbugs (Peppermint, of course!),
Sherry
In loving memory of Pappy Don, the collector of collectors, who taught me to love all things old.


Check back as I add more madness throughout the day!

Many thanks to our hostess, Vanessa, at A Fanciful Twist.
She has blessed us with an amazing amount of time, effort, and creativity!
Be sure to stroll on over to the the rest of the Party at



28 comments:

  1. A very nice party indeed. Thanks for the treats. It was wonderful.

    Wende

    https://creativeartseatables.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful tea! Pretty pictures! Please visit Plumfield

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh yummy can i have some muffin please...love it...happy unbirthday to you
    Hugs
    Kerstin from germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely setting for your tea party. I love your water color March Hare! I'm an artist, too, but I paint in oils.

    Linking from A Fanciful Twist,
    Happy Mad Tea Party!
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks delicious, I love all of the little "Alice" details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks delicious, I love all of the little "Alice" details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Those humbugs look tasty. Thank you for the splendid party! :-)

    Please come to my party: http://www.moonlyf.com/2015/07/8th-annual-mad-tea-party.html

    ~♥Carmen♥~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh..your party has chocolate cupcakes! I want to stay here. from the party over at http://healingfairyalphabet.com/2015/07/11/join-the-fairy-mad-tea-party/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fantastic!! Happy Unbirthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fantastic!! Happy Unbirthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have a cop, even two if you let me! And your cupcakes look sooo yummy, too!

    Happy Mad Tea Party. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a delightful visit. So full of flowers and sweet joy. Thank you. Have a blessed and beautiful week :)

    Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum, pass me a humbug or two!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so envious of your talent! Beautiful watercolor and delightful rhymes.
    Your party was delicious! (virtually no calories, too)

    http://dogsmomvisits.blogspot.com/2015/07/a-fanciful-twists-8th-annual-virtual.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sprinkles on cupcakes are the very best with tea. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love your tea set! Thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Humbug treats! I love the way that sounds. Thanks for the recipe and the charming Mad Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was magical- your watercolor is so charming!
    Loved it from beginning to end!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your Mad Hatter painting! So cute! And those treats look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is wonderful! I love the talent you've shown in art as well as baking. It was a delightful visit---thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh me oh my! Your art, your tablescape, your photos!!! I am just beyond delighted, how gorgeous. SO beautiful, and that golden light, scrumptious!! You really outdid yourself, what a wonderfully delightful visit, thank you <3 Happiest mad tea party wishes <3, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous, Sherry!! I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, your party was delightful!
    Thank you for being a most gracious hostess, my Dear!
    Hugs,
    Anne (I'm your newest follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous, Sherry!! I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, your party was delightful!
    Thank you for being a most gracious hostess, my Dear!
    Hugs,
    Anne (I'm your newest follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really enjoyed myself today, all the yumminess and overflowing cups of delicious tea. Beautiful photos of a most wonderful celebration.
    Hugs,
    ~Susan
    http://flutterbeforeyou.blogspot.com/2015/07/mad-hatters-tea-party-2015-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really enjoyed myself today, all the yumminess and overflowing cups of delicious tea. Beautiful photos of a most wonderful celebration.
    Hugs,
    ~Susan
    http://flutterbeforeyou.blogspot.com/2015/07/mad-hatters-tea-party-2015-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loved your party! I wasn't able to catch a humbug, but maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loved your sweet tea party. I'm very impressed that you made the sugar cubes. Your joy and humor peeks through and it made me smile.

    Kettle's still on at my party if you'd like to come take a look:
    http://reclaimingmybohomojo.blogspot.com/2015/07/mad-tea-party-2015-double-vision.html

    ReplyDelete

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!