Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Keep Your Focus and Have Some Fun as We Begin the Christmas Season!

#1  Keep Your Eyes on Jesus



#2  If You're Stressed Out, You're Not Doing #1


It's less than four weeks now that I will be done with graduate school.  It's been a year and a half since I've been able to spend much time doing the things I enjoy, like blogging.  I am so excited to be able to breathe life back into Sherry's Cabin.  That has had me thinking about what I can bring to the table.  What could I contribute here that will make a difference?  I'm not a master of anything of which I can share techniques you've never seen before.  I don't take photos of beautiful food scenes...unless you want so see what's cooking in the cast iron tonight.  In fact, there's nothing fancy about me (and I'm very glad of that), but surely I can bring something to the table.
So why not just live creatively?  Creating by God's grace, and sharing it with you.  I can't give you the greatest tutorials, the best writing, or the most brilliant photos, but I can share tips on walking with God...learning something every day...enjoying what you've got...sharing your creativity...and living and creating by God's grace.

Back to my question at hand - What can I bring to the table this Thanksgiving week?  How about some practical tips for getting your house ready for the Christmas decorations? Or, some fun ways to spread Christmas cheer?  Remember this is not Better Homes and Gardens.  This is real, living in the dirt, cobwebs-in-the-corner-coming-down, kind of living.  If your sheets are ironed and your home is dust-free, you probably want to skip on over to Country Living, but if the caliche road to your house helps you flock the tree and you've got to dust your ornaments before they can go back on the tree, you might be in the right place!

Today's Tip for a Fresh Decorating Start

  • Pine-sol the walls!  I know...who has time for that??  That's what I thought until I tried it.  It's quick, and it will make your house smell clean! 
From the Pine-sol website:

Add 1/4 cup of Pine-sol to a gallon of water.
Dip in a sponge and wring out until just slightly damp.
Wipe the walls! (Be sure to test in an inconspicuous place.)
The website suggests wiping with a dry cloth to prevent streaks, but mine air-dries so quickly, I haven't needed this step.
*Be sure to do the fireplace and mantle, too, while your dragging the step-ladder around the house!

What's your tip for a fresh decorating start this Christmas season?

Leave us a comment to share in the fun!

Oh, and stay tuned for daily Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!