Friday, December 16, 2016

Such a Peaceful Feeling

Peace doesn't come from my circumstances.  It comes from knowing Christ died for me, so that I might live...knowing I have a Savior that is King of Kings and Lord of Lords...knowing I have been grafted into the Vine for eternity...but today brings a calmness I haven't felt in a long time.  I turned in my final assignments for graduate school this week, I got all of the baking and making done for the awesome Christmastime fun at work, where I am so blessed to have become a member of the Region 15 family, and I am off for Christmas.  Ahhh.  Plans?  To thank God for every moment, to enjoy my family, and to rest.

A wonderful woman I had an opportunity to meet through the ESC lost her husband this morning.  We are not guaranteed tomorrow, so don't let the world's version of Christmas stress get ahold of you.  Enjoy the small things and give thanks for the time you have with your loved ones.  Be a blessing.  Oh, and don't worry if the Christmas rolls burn, the family's disfuntionalness flares up, or the house doesn't get clean.



Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!