Sunday, March 5, 2017

You Can't Roller Skate in a Buffalo Herd

Nope.  You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.  Those are some profound words God spoke to my heart recently.  Really!  For those of you who have a close, personal relationship with God, you get it.  For those of you that don't, yet, God does have a sense of humor, and He is in the every day goings on of your life if you let Him.

Roller Skates, Rollerblades, Roll Skates, Roller-SkatesSo...I try not to sweat the small stuff most of the time, but every once in awhile I let my guard down and the devil tries to stir me up.  Several weeks ago, I was having one of those mornings.  I don't even remember all of the little things that piled up, but the final straw fell on the pile while I was driving down a road full of chug holes, bumps, and dips trying to get a drink of coffee from my coffee cup.  Really??  Yep, coffee ran down my chin, sloshed up my nose, and dripped down my shirt, and I was nuts enough to get mad...  Again, really??  Instantly the song "You Can't Roller Skate in a Buffalo Herd" popped into my head.  I had to laugh out loud.  Ok, God, I get it, and thanks!  I went on to work laughing and singing!

It's a handy phrase to remind yourself when you can't force things to go your way.  You can borrow it if you want to!  If you've never heard the song, take a listen HERE.

By the way, God is amazing!

2 comments:

  1. If you have a minute, I’d really appreciate it if you took a look at Emily’s Virtual Rocket. This is a serious newsblog which has been taken from e-newspapers and e-magazines from around the world, with an emphasis on transgender issues. Also, with his election, I look for articles which critique Donald Trump.

    I hope you enjoy this. Please paste the following:

    Emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com

    If you like it, please consider putting it among your favorite blogs. I would greatly appreciate it.


    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily,
      I appreciate your visit to my blog. This is a Christian blog, and I will not condone sin of any kind - including transgender behavior. I am excited about what God is doing through our new president, and I am backing Trump 100%. God has put him in authority over me, and I respect him.
      God bless,
      Sherry

      Delete

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!