Saturday, May 13, 2017

Blogging a Book #4 - Chapter 1 Art Project #1


Start your journey with God's promises.  If you are working in a large journal, you may want to add color to the page and add several of God's promises to the single page.  I chose to work on 3.5 x 5 inch paper, and I will add them to a larger journal page - either by making a pocket or attaching them to the page.


Choose a favorite color or two from the watercolor crayons or paints and add them with a wet brush to the paper.  Don't worry about color wheels, perfect paint, or anything else.  Just add some color you love!

Cover the entire paper.


Let your paper dry and add one of God's promises.  You can certainly paint the scripture onto the card, but I like the speed of a permanent marker!  Add squiggles, hearts, flowers, Prayertangles, etc.  I have written about my Prayertangles in an earlier blog.  Zentangles have become very popular, but they are all about finding your inner being and focusing on yourself.  I can tell you from experience, any time I focus on myself, I am going to wreck!  Instead, focus on prayer, on God's grace and mercy, and on His blessings.


What promises are you going to stand on through this journey?  Dig into your Bible, Google them if you need to, and share them with us in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!